Friday 24 March 2023

My Lighthouse

Oh what a ride it's been! As I sit to write this I realize that it is 3 years almost to the day since the whole world went on lock down due to a global pandemic.

Oh what a ride it's been! My relationships have been tested, my faith has been strengthened, and my recovery epic! I am not the woman I used to be.

Oh what a ride it's been! Through stress, worry, anxiety, grief and insecurity, I have drawn on God's WORD. I have come alive to imitate Jesus and abide in God whose Spirit dwells in my heart.

There is no greater joy than the realization that despite my imperfections God affirms me as his child. When I trust and obey I get to experience and discern His promises for myself and for others. I am called to love (Lead Others to Victory through Encouragement) abundantly. 

Oh what a ride it's been! Despite the blessing of witnessing how God moves in my life and in other peoples lives, there is no greater miracle than the transformation he is working in and through me every single day.

Where I used to fear, I pause.

Where I used to worry, I pray.

Where I used to criticize, I create.

Where I used to manipulate, I motivate.

Where I used pride, I magnify God.

One Friday night (at Heart Conference) in a moment of powerful worship and intimacy I was invited to walk along the shore towards a grassy hill with my lighthouse resting at the edge of the peninsula. Over and over my heart repeated the words "my lighthouse". Often God has connected the dots between my life and His word but I admit, at first, I did not see the thread of hope He was weaving until it settled in my heart.

Earlier that night, the Pastor shared Jacob's story with us:

During the night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two servant wives, and his eleven sons and crossed the Jabbok River with them. After taking them to the other side, he sent over all his possessions. This left Jacob all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until the dawn began to break.When the man saw that he would not win the match, he touched Jacob’s hip and wrenched it out of its socket.Then the man said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking!” But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” “What is your name?” the man asked. He replied, “Jacob.” “Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.” “Please tell me your name,” Jacob said. “Why do you want to know my name?” the man replied. Then he blessed Jacob there. Jacob named the place Peniel (which means “face of God”), for he said, “I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been spared.” The sun was rising as Jacob left Peniel, and he was limping because of the injury to his hip. Genesis 32:22 - 31

Oh what a ride it's been! To know Jacob’s story is to know his life was a never-ending struggle. Alone in the desert wilderness, Jacob had the ultimate restless night; he wrestled with God until daybreak. 

Almost certainly everyone who reads this will identify with Jacob. I know I do. Struggles impact my life on a daily basis whether it be the loss of a loved one, a chronic migraine, or the angst of an unresolved situation. The only difference I have come to realize for myself is that I am never alone in my wilderness. God is my everlasting hope; my lighthouse.

In my wrestling and in my doubts In my failures You won't walk out Your great love will lead me through You are the peace in my troubled sea In the silence, You won't let go In the questions, Your truth will hold My lighthouse, my lighthouse Shining in the darkness I will follow You My lighthouse, my lighthouse I will trust the promise You will carry me safe to shore. You tube video for My Lighthouse










Here's a picture of the lighthouse I received for free from my buy nothing marketplace. The giver asked if those interested could share why they were interested so I shared my faith and this song. God is faithful in all things big or small. Every good gift comes from above. I use it as a reminder of who God is to me. Who is God to you? I look forward to reading your comments.

May you be richly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved today and all days!

No comments:

Post a Comment