Sunday 6 September 2015

How big is our God?


Therefore David blessed the Lord in the presence of all the assembly. And David said: “Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.(1 Chronicles 29:10-13).

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,  that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.(Ephesians 3:14-21).

According to the bible Our God is all powerful, all knowing, all merciful. His word is as alive and relevant today as it was over  2000 years ago. Yet in my own foolishness, I often choose to be self-sufficient, to take on more than I can bear and to try and solve problems on my own. Until invariably someone will ask: "How's that working for you?" and then I admit defeat, humbly ask for prayer and surrender my "mountain or lion" at the foot of the cross where I know victory is already ours.

This past week, I allowed fear to grip my heart with respect to my relationship with my husband - an unfounded fear that said:"be on guard - there is a shift coming, now that he is healed from the cancer (PTL!!) things will be different." 

Thankfully, following prayer with a fellow believer the spirit of fear was lifted. I was reminded that I was not given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.(2 Timothy 1:7). That God has given me authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt me.(Luke 10:19).

Praise will ever be on my lips!

May this video be an encouragement to all of us who struggle, when life gets us down may we stand tall and declare: "Here I am". Give Him permission to be your mighty protector (Jehovah Nissi).







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being vulnerable enough to remind us all that you (we) can be weak too and in that weakness/fear limit God's great power. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete