Monday 28 September 2015

Why do I struggle so with the direction I should go?

Why do I struggle so with the direction I should go?

I know that what lies behind will not move me forward yet still I choose to focus there! I deceive myself into thinking that my past brings comfort, peace and happiness when truly much of what it brings is the familiarity of hurt, pain, frustration and self-doubt.

Blessed am I knowing and believing that "Jesus's death and resurrection taught us that the cross powerfully conquers all victimhood" #myfreeway

Then how is it that despite this belief I find myself once again at this crossroad? Despite knowing that I am more than a conquerer and the victory is ours through Christ why is there a lingering lack of self-worth, trust and confidence. Have I not learned that changing the  direction of my life is as simple as making another choice, renewing my mind and setting myself free from blame, shame and guilt? I know my actions, decisions, beliefs and next steps are my responsibility. So what am I waiting for to step out of my comfort zone? Why am I so hard on myself when I don't succeed as planned? I have tried casting aside negative thoughts, false expectations, and perceptions yet I still find myself putting a lid on my potential and limiting my abilities - I have boxed myself in believing that I am not good enough or that I am not meant for more! Rant over!

As a human being with a brain, I agree with Dr. Seuss and I will most certainly steer myself in the direction that I choose. More importantly as a spirit being with a heart and a soul, I choose to agree with God's living word and trust that his word is "a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path" - I believe this means his word will show me the way and provide enough light for the next step otherwise I may get overwhelmed and paralysed by fear again.

I believe that by choosing to focus on the greatness of my God instead of the greatness of my struggle, he will steer me in the right direction. I simply need to abide in Him and live a life of love.

In all things, no matter what direction I choose, I also choose to trust God, trust the process and trust myself moment by moment.

Called to LOVE abundantly = Lead Others to Victory through Encouragement, Edification and Exhortation!

May you be richly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment