Friday 25 August 2017

Trust, Seek, and Love with your whole heart!

Image result for images of whole heart by brandon heath


I heard a song on the radio earlier that reminded me how simple it can be to live a Godly life and began to wonder why I often make it so complicated? There's the rub for me - when I ask myself why;

- I am seeking to understand with my mind instead of my heart
- I am seeking to control the outcome instead of trusting that everything will work out
- I am seeking to justify my own feelings by comparing and judging instead of loving unconditionally

Yet according to the truth of the Bible, I am not asked to do any of those things; I am simply asked to know and obey God and while that may appear daunting it can be as easy as one, two, three, when I choose to

1) Trust in the Lord with all my heart (Proverbs 3:5)
2) Seek God wholeheartedly (Jeremiah 29:13)
3) Love the Lord my God with all my whole heart, all my soul, all my strength, and all my mind. And, Love my neighbor as myself. (Luke 10:27)

With this I can open my whole heart fully to God and then he can enter into my pain and brokenness to heal me so that I can grow in loving kindness, mercy and peace.

I have come to firmly believe that I am nothing without God and it is songs like this that cause me to ponder and discover who I am rather than asking why. Songs like this give me the courage to be open, honest and responsible with my life's struggles so that perhaps maybe God will use me to encourage others.

To hear the song in its entirety or read Brandon Heath's message on whole heart simply click on the link below.

May you be richly blessed as you come to discover God for yourself.

The less I trust you, the less I grow
The more you love me, the more I know
I don't have to be afraid to show all of me, all of me
Where there's hurting
Where there's sorrow and shame
Enter into the pain
Where there's hurting
You show me what healing can do
Where there's hatred
You show me how kindness can move
Where there's fear deep inside
I won't run, I won't hide
I'll give you all of me
So that you can see
Every broken piece and open up my
Whole heart, whole heart
And love you with my
Whole heart, whole heart
I'll love you with my whole heart
My whole heart

No comments:

Post a Comment